Monday, August 23, 2010

Razzles




Sometimes you come across something that must have seemed like a good idea at the time. Inevitably there are people who continue to think it's a good idea, however I simply think they must be delusional.

This thought process applies to Razzles. Now admittedly a candy that's been around since 1966 probably has a fair number of fans floating about who will denounce my position as gumist or something.....

Anyway, why did I think this candy was a bad idea? I think the original jingle answers that question:

"First it's a candy, then it's a gum. Little round Razzles are so much fun."*

That's right, it's the whole 'I can be two things!' that's bugging me. Usually when something tries to be two things at once it does neither well. Razzles for example is a nasty chalky pressed candy to start with, then a horrible rigid gum that has no flavour.

Short recap, I don't like Razzles, they can stay away from my mouth thank you very much. They had weird flavours as well, nothing was really distinguishable between the colours and I really only ate about three.

The Final Verdict: 1 - I've seen them in enough films and such to want to try them and I'm really sorry I did, somehow I feel the mystery has been lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment